August 10, 2021
WOW-EE Story: Making Exercising Fun!
Celebrated Employee: Amanda Nieves
Experience Maker, Better Living Consultant
Falcon Square at Independence, Orlando, FL
Employee Since 2019
A Venterra employee recently overheard a conversation between two BLC’s, Amanda and Ashley, regarding exercising and chatting about how inspired they were by their AMM who was riding their bike twice a day (before and after work) and eating healthier to work towards his health goals. That’s when Amanda mentioned that she would exercise more if she could find a way to make it fun. Ashley then asked her what she considers fun and Amanda mentioned that she enjoys riding a bike or roller skating and that she would do either activity more consistently and with more enthusiasm and motivation than going to a regular gym.
Not only is Venterra dedicated to offering our residents a “Better Way of Living” but the company is also committed to “Better Living” for its employees in their personal lives, including health. Hearing this conversation, the Venterra team knew it was time to WOW in the spirit of creating a “Better Living” opportunity for Amanda. The next time Amanda came into the office, she was surprised with a new bike! She was so happy, she jumped on the bike immediately and got to cruising!
Do you find yourself like Amanda, looking for ways to make your workouts more fun? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Exercise with a Friend – They will help motivate you and keep you accountable throughout your workout!
- Take a Dance Class – Break away from your typical gym workout and dance off those calories!
- Watch Your Favorite TV Show – Catch up on the latest episode on the treadmill instead of the couch, your body will appreciate it.
- Hula Hoop – It sounds silly and something that you would do as a kid, but as an adult, the hula hoop can be a serious workout for your abs.
- Join a Recreational Sports Club – Looking to make new friends while burning some calories? A rec sports league may be a good option. Pick your favorite sport and get out there.
The health and wellbeing of our employees and residents is a top priority of Venterra – that’s why many of our communities are equipped with top-notch fitness centers. Find a community today and get started on your fitness journey!