October 15, 2019
Favorite Things to Do Near Zang Triangle
Dallas, Texas is a large metropolitan city with so many great neighborhoods, eateries, activities, and clubs. Whether you live here or you’re looking to move here, It can be a bit overwhelming. How do you even begin to choose which neighborhood to visit or hang out?
With most cities, you’ll want to take some time to explore the downtown area. This is where you’ll find an exuberant amount of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, sightseeing and more. You’ll be among some of the tallest buildings in the area boasting stunning views of the city. Dallas is a unique city. While some refer to it as a concrete jungle, it offers modern architecture and big expansive skies. And you can reach almost any neighborhood or area within 20-30 minutes thanks to having numerous tollways and highways that lead to your desired destination.
When you’re visiting downtown or looking for a new home, don’t overlook the bohemian and hipster Bishop Arts neighborhood. Bishop Arts takes you out of the city and into a small neighborhood feel boasting some of the best restaurants and spots in Dallas.
Venterra is lucky to have 3 apartment communities near downtown Dallas and one located in the Oak Cliff area (where Bishop Arts is located), Zang Triangle. Zang Triangle boasts upscale amenities, everyday conveniences, and skyline views of Downtown Dallas. And with its many studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom floor plans to choose from you’re sure to find the style that suits your needs. Residents of Zang Triangle also enjoy private parking, easy access to public transportation that takes you to Bishop Arts and Downtown Dallas and nearby parks.
Bars & Restaurants
If you’re looking for a wide array of local boutique restaurants, Bishop Arts and Oak Cliff is the perfect spot to be. Here are some of our favorite dining options.
- For a signature staple that’s been around for a while, check out Bolsa. This farm to table restaurant offers fresh ingredients presented in an artful way.
- Newer to the Bishop Arts family you’ll find BBBop Seoul Kitchen. This Korean includes popular dishes like Korean fried chicken, bibimbap bowls, and kimchi-kale fried rice.
- For a more intimate evening, make a reservation at Lucia. This quaint Italian restaurant offers homemade pastas, charcuterie, and innovative Italian dishes.
- When you’re itching for a pizza and beer night, check out Eno’s Pizza Tavern. Eno’s has been home to Bishop Arts for more than 10 years and offers an extensive list of beers on tap as well as tasty thin crust pizza.
- For the BBQ lovers, check out Lockhart Smokehouse. Known as one of the best places in Dallas for BBQ, this place is sure to meet your meat appetite.
- If you’re looking for a place to have a business lunch or date, check out Hattie’shttp://hatties.com/. Hattie’s offers low-country southern food with staples like Fried Green Tomatoes and meatloaf.
- For the petit France diners, visit Boulevardier. This quaint bistro has an exclusive wine list and traditional French dishes to fill you bon appetit.
- Breakfast is the name of the game at Oddfellows. Serving all day check out their pancake of the day. Get your fill of beer or cold brew coffee on tap as well.
- Located next to Oddfellows is the cheese lovers sandwich paradise, Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. The name says it all so stop by and enjoy.
- Last but not least, check out the modern American Stock & Barrel. Offering a rotating menu, this place is sure to fill your appetite and keep you on your toes wanting to know what they’ll be serving next.
- Dallas has a lot of local breweries, but only one Bishop Cider Company. Stop by and sample various kinds of local cider and take home a growler of your favorite.
Coffee Shops & Dessert
Bishop Arts may be small, but it’s growing number of coffee shops and dessert spots will keep you coming back for more. Here are some of our favorites.
- Emporium Pies – if you haven’t been to Emporium Pies, stop what you’re doing and go now. This quaint little pie shop offers 7 signature pies (pecan or apple anyone?) and at least one or two seasonal flavors. Add a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream to any slice for a nice a la mode.
- The Wild Detectives – grab a book and a coffee or cocktail and sit back and relax in this cozy book store and coffee shop duo.
- Cretia’s Eatery & Bake Shoppe – think cajun with a sweet tooth. Choose from a wide array of baked goods and sweet treats. Compare their pie to Emporium’s and see which you like better.
- Serve – if smoothie bowls, blue majik and spirulina are your jam, check out this new little spot. With a large outdoor seating area that includes outdoor games, Serve is a great place for families and entrepreneurs alike.
- Espumoso Caffe – this Latin Coffee Shop offers tasty Empanadas, Acai Bowls, Smoothies and Mouth-Watering Flan.
- Tribal All Day Cafe – if green juice and raw foods are your thing, check out Tribal Cafe for a healthy dose of goodness.
- Cultivar Coffee – known as one of the top coffee roasters in Dallas, stop by for a real dose of espresso.
Zang Triangle puts you close to some of the top eclectic areas in Dallas–Bishop Arts, Oak Cliff, and Trinity Groves.
- Bishop Arts – home to more than 60 independent restaurants, clothing boutiques, art galleries, coffee shops and more.
- Kessler Theater – if your looking to see some of the best indie artists in the country perform live, stay in tune with what’s happening at the Kessler.
- Dallas Zoo – take an afternoon stroll around the Dallas Zoo where you’ll come face to face with some of the best predators on the planet. Meet lions, giraffes, zebra, elephants, rhinos, and more.
- Trinity Groves – walk, bike, or run through one of the largest outdoor play areas in Dallas. Afterward grab a bite to eat or drink at one of the many restaurants located within this ever growing area.