March 31, 2020
Favorite Things to Do Near 4123 Cedar Springs
Dallas, Texas is a large metropolitan city with so many great neighborhoods, eateries, activities, and clubs. Whether you live here or you’re looking to move here, It can be a bit overwhelming. How do you even begin to choose which neighborhood to visit or hang out?
With most cities, you’ll want to take some time to explore the downtown area. This is where you’ll find an exuberant amount of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, sightseeing and more. You’ll be among some of the tallest buildings in the area boasting stunning views of the city. Dallas is a unique city. While some refer to it as a concrete jungle, it offers modern architecture and big expansive skies. And you can reach almost any neighborhood or area within 20-30 minutes thanks to having numerous tollways and highways that lead to your desired destination.
When you’re visiting downtown or looking for a new home, you’ll for sure want to visit the Oak Lawn neighborhood. Located near Uptown and Downtown, this area puts you equidistant to both areas. Dubbed as the gayborhood of Dallas (boasting some of the hottest gay clubs in the country), all are welcome to explore, visit, and call Oak Lawn your home.
Venterra is lucky to have 3 apartment communities near downtown Dallas. Recently renovated and renamed is our luxury apartment community, 4123 Cedar Springs. 4123 Cedar Springs is a mixed-use community located off of the ever popular Cedar Springs Road. Just below the apartment community, you’ll find Cedar Springs Tap House, Tacos Y Mas, Ai Sushi Sake Grill, and Onyx Nail Bar. If you fancy walking or are into the electric scooter craze, you can easily get to Kroger and Whole Foods with little effort.
If you’re looking for more upscale or eclectic dining, the Oak Lawn neighborhood hosts some of the best Dallas has to offer. Here are some of our favorite dining options.
- If you’re looking for a more casual night out, head over to Eatzi’s where you’ll find a fresh salad bar and hot bar with a nice selection of home cooking. Grab a bottle of wine and find a seat on the patio.
- If you’re in the mood for seafood, be sure to check out TJ’s Seafood Market and Grill. Tucked inside of a seafood market, TJ’s offers fresh seafood from all over the world. It’s a unique and worthwhile experience.
- Perhaps you want to have a meal loaded with spices from the likes of India and the Middle East. Grab a seat at Cosmic Cafe and be sure to grab a glass of freshly made spiced chai.
- For a neighborhood staple that’s been around for 30+ years, check out Parigi. Described as a Paris bistro meets New York (with its outdoor patio), this little upscale bistro has made its name and reputation in Dallas. Enjoy the likes of American, French, and Italian inspired cuisine.
- If you love meat and the occasional celebrity sighting, make your way over to the infamous Al Biernat’s. Known for its high quality steak, gourmet desserts, and extensive wine list (650 and counting), this is the perfect place for a celebration big or small.
- For the sushi lover out there, Uchi is not to miss. Started by James Beard award-winning chef Tyson Cole in Austin, Uchi made its way to Dallas and has continued with its reputation and popularity. The rolls and seafood selection are fresh and the fried milk dessert is not to be missed.
4123 Cedar Springs has so many of the best coffee shops in Dallas within 10 minutes. Here are some of our favorites.
- Ascension Coffee – whether you’re wanting single origin coffee from places like Ethiopia, Colombia, or Kenya, or wish to grab a glass of wine along with some brunch and bar bites, Ascension is a great place to be.
- Sip | Stir Coffeehouse – located near West Village, Sip | Stir offers gourmet lattes (s’mores anyone?), light eats, and fresh juice from local suppliers.
- Mudsmith – this edgy hipster vibed coffee shop opened its second location just minutes from 4123 Cedar Springs. Try their signature cortado for a nice boost.
- LDU Coffee – This little coffee shop of Fitzhugh is not one to be missed. LDU which stands for Land Down Under is owned by two Australian brothers. Enjoy a proper flat white along with a piece of their homemade banana bread with butter. Their quirky wifi passwords are not to be missed and change regularly.
- Brewed + Pressed – if you’re looking for a healthy option, Brewed + Press is the place to be. With homemade raw smoothies, juices, truffles, and a coffee bar, you’ll find what you need here. Try a golden milk latte (with a shot of espresso for an extra jolt) and a slice of their raw vegan cheesecake.
If you’re looking for a fun night of dancing, check out some of the hottest clubs in the area.
- Station 4 – recognized as one of the top gay clubs in Dallas, Station 4 offers lots of activities, dancing, and some of the best drag shows in the area.
- Round-Up Saloon – if you love dance lessons and singing competitions, look no further than the Round-Up Saloon
- Lizard Lounge – if you’re into top DJs and EDM, check out the Lizard Lounge. With themed nights and unlimited dancing, this is a fun place to be.
4123 Cedar Springs puts you close to downtown Dallas where you’ll find some of the best museums and venues in the area.
- Klyde Warren Park – this 5.2 acre park is built over the highway. Yet when you’re in it, you feel like you’re standing on solid ground. It has everything from an amphitheater with live events and concerts to a long line of food trucks to feed your appetite. Grab a book and sit along the side or take your dog to the dog park. There’s also a large playground for children to adventure around.
- Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) – If you’re look for a free and cultural experience, check out the DMA. Enjoy free admission to its permanent exhibits or pay a small fee to visit seasonal and special exhibits.
- Perot Science Museum – If this building itself (with its slanted architecture) doesn’t grab your attention, then perhaps the enormous dinosaur inside will. The Perot Museum is a fun place for all to enjoy, learn, and explore.
- Highland Park – if you wish to see some of the largest mansions and best high-end shopping (Chanel anyone?), take a drive through Highland Park. Not to be missed during the holiday season when houses are covered in incredible light displays.
- West Village – one of the top outdoor shopping areas in Dallas, West Village will suit your entertainment needs with the Magnolia Theater, numerous shopping options, and dining galore.