December 4, 2019
Tips for Moving into your new Apartment at Valencia at Westchase
Congratulations! You’ve finally moved into your new home at Valencia at Westchase Apartments and cannot wait to settle into this new chapter in your life. Moving (as you may recall) can be a bit stressful–packing up your old life, discarding what serves or doesn’t serve you anymore (and if you’re into doing this Konmari style, it can add even more to your move), finding movers, changing your address, switching utilities…the list goes on and on.
You get into your new home and realize, you threw out your old shower curtain or packed your knives or scissors and can’t easily open your boxes. And you’ve moved into a completely new area or neighborhood and haven’t learned where everything is. And just like that the stress continues.
Moving and settling in doesn’t have to be stressful. This is a transitory time and one that you want to remember fondly. So before you begin unpacking or creating a space of anxiety and resistance around unpacking, take some time to follow these guidelines.
- Take a deep breath. Soak in all that it took to get you to this place. You just made a big move! Take a moment to calm yourself and really get present to your new space.
- Find gratitude. You’ve made it through a lot of obstacles and changes to get here. No matter how you do it, moving does not come stress free. Even if you hired people to pack and move your things, you still have to mentally prepare yourself for the changes coming. Make a list of all that you are grateful for and all of the support you received to get to this place.
- Create a plan. Which room makes the most sense to start with unpacking? You’ll likely want to sleep in your room your first night, so perhaps it’s setting up your bed and getting it ready for slumber. And you know you’ll be in your bathroom, so maybe next you gather your toiletries and essentials so they’re ready for bedtime.
- Start with one box at a time. We often think we’re superhuman and can do multiple things at once. While that may work for some, the likelihood is that most of us are Wonder Woman. It can be overwhelming when you look at all of your boxes and think about how long it’s going to take to unpack and put everything in its new place. Turn on some fun music, grab a beer or glass of wine, and start with one box! And when you finish that one, start with the next and before you know it, you’ve unpacked multiple things!
- Ask for help. We also believe that we can do everything on our own. And while that is often the case, don’t be afraid to ask friends, family, or neighbors for help in unpacking your things. Or use them to pick up food or supplies for you.
→→→ One of the perks at living at a Venterra community is that we’re here to support you. If you have a TV that needs hanging or bed that needs to be put together, simply phone or stop by the office, and we’ll be more than happy to send help your way!
Now that you have a plan in place and feel a bit calmer, it’s time to dive in and begin settling into your new home at Valencia at Westchase. And this isn’t just any home, you’re living in a Top Rated Venterra community whose score on Apartment Ratings rivals all of its competitors. And you’re part of a thriving community with world class amenities, features, and an impressive leasing and maintenance team. And let’s not forget being among the coveted Westchase neighborhood. Westchase is filled with everything you need–4 shopping malls, Walmart, Publix, Target, and a variety of all-star restaurants.
Living at Valencia at Westchase apartments is the start of this new chapter in your life, and we are here to support you along the way. And the beauty of it all is that you don’t have to do it alone.
Whether you’ve moved from 1,000 miles away or 5 minutes down the road, the team at Valencia at Westchase is here to support you. Whether that’s helping you find the nearest hardware store or recommending our favorite places to eat and drink, we’ve got your back. And with a variety of resident activities, you’ll find your way into the Valencia at Westchase family and get connected to new neighbors and friends.
Moving in and starting a new chapter in life doesn’t have to be stressful. Take it all one step at a time and before you know it, you’ll be lounging on your coach with your feet up, soaking in the feeling of accomplishment.