August 4, 2021
Our First-Ever Apartment Development Is Coming to The Cypress / Houston Area!
We are thrilled to announce that we will be developing our first garden style multi-family community from the ground-up in Cypress, Texas! This will be our first-ever development from the ground up, and we’re excited to get the project started in the near future!
This Class A state-of-the-art 336-unit community will feature an 8,600-square foot clubhouse that will form the heart of the community and provide a “WOW” factor for anyone who lives at or visits the property.
Community amenities will include:
- a resort-style pool
- outdoor lounge
- fitness center
- yoga/spin room
- package lockers
- business center
- “WeWork” style workspaces
- property-wide WiFi
- a dog park
- covered parking (garages and carports)
We know that community amenities are key factors of choosing an apartment building – but even more so are the rooms you call home! That’s why we are building out these units with interiors that will feature hard-surfaced counters, faux wood style plank flooring, 9-foot ceilings, stainless-steel appliances, shaker cabinets and Venterra’s SmartHome package.
If you’ve never heard about the SmartHome Package, it’s one of Venterra’s innovations that improves the lives of our residents through the use of renter-friendly technologies that can be centrally and remotely managed using an app on your smartphone. SmartHome technologies include:
- Smart locks. For starters, tenants will have access to fully functional smart locks. Rather than relying on a traditional system of keys, smart locks give you the option to access your apartment with a personalized pin number and/or a mobile phone. You won’t have to worry about accidentally locking yourself out of your apartment again, so long as you have a smartphone with you (or a password memorized). Additionally, your apartment will be more secure, with fewer potential points of entry. The benefits don’t stop there; smart locks allow you to give remote access codes, so you can let your friends and family members into your apartment remotely, without having to give them a key in advance.
- Smart thermostats. One of the earliest smart home appliances to emerge was the smart thermostat, and we’re installing these thermostats at all our properties. Once installed, you’ll be able to remotely control the temperature of your apartment, so you can warm it up while you’re on your way home from work on a cold winter’s day, or simply tweak the temperature to your liking from the comfort of your couch. You can also implement things like timers and strict temperature control requirements, so you can reduce your energy consumption while staying comfortable and minimizing the amount of effort you need to spend adjusting the temperature.
- Smart plugs. Smart plugs are outlets that can be remotely controlled. Depending on the situation, you can remotely turn an appliance plugged into the outlet on or off, enabling you to save energy or start your appliances remotely.
What does our CEO, John Foresi have to say about the project? “What will ultimately be built on this site draws from the aggregate experience of hundreds of Venterra employees and hundreds of thousands of satisfied Venterra residents over our 20 year history,” said John Foresi, Venterra CEO. “Our philosophy in designing this project was to focus on amenities and luxuries that will be memorable, appreciated and will ‘move the needle’, making the completed project a highly desirable place in which to live.”
Not only will this community be innovative, but it is also accessible. Located just 25 miles northeast of Downtown Houston, commuters can easily hop on US 290 to get downtown in half an hour! Cypress also has plenty to do with various restaurants, parks, golf courses, outdoor recreational venues, retail and entertainment centers minutes away.
Want to stay in the loop on the progress of the Cypress community? Subscribe to our newsletter! Or, if you’re in the market for a new apartment in a different location, browse our current availability.